Alpha Management Community Services, Inc. (AMCS) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, marital status or employment status. You can be single or married, in generally good health, and be able to support yourself financially without dependency on foster care stipends.
A child will not be placed in your home without consent. The amount and type of information about the child(ren) will vary depending on the circumstances. AMCS will try to give you as much information as possible so you can make an informed decision about whether or not a particular child is a good match for your family.
- Provide a safe, loving and stable home environment.
- Provide nonphysical discipline that promotes self-esteem and respects each child's culture and ethnicity.
- Promote and support shared parenting.
- Respect confidentiality of the child and their families. Support the overall plan for the child as they transition to permanent living arrangements (with biological family, adoptive family, etc.).
- Arrange, support, and participate in activities which meet children's physical, recreational, cultural, spiritual, and emotional needs, and which promote positive values.
- Participate in the planning and care for the child to include court hearings, child and family team meetings, and therapy appointments etc., as needed.
- Participate in post service training opportunities and professional or skill development.
- Demonstrate flexibility in your expectations, attitudes, and behaviors in relation to children's needs.
AMCS provides a semi-monthly stipend.
Yes! They include:
- Respite service opportunities
- Continuous training for identified needs
- Competitive reimbursement that is based on the level of care provided
- 24 hour on call staff
- Weekly supervision